The objectives of Healthy People 2020 have not changed but will experience some modifications.
The 2020 objectives for work related injuries will be to
• Reduce death from work-related injuries
• Reduce nonfatal work-related injuries
• Reduce work-related assaults
• Reduce work-related homicides
• Reduce occupational needle-stick injuries among hospital-based healthcare workers
Although progress was made regarding occupation injuries and trauma deaths, new data and goal projections are not available for 2020 at this time.
The 2010 goals for injuries, trauma deaths, and needle-stick injuries achieved approximately 50% of the goals while assaults goals did not make progress.